Saturday, September 4, 2010

Question 2 - Vague and Ambiguous sentence

Vague sentence or ambiguous sentence are sentences that are so broad that the sentence can be answered in many different ways. Vague sentences and ambiguous sentences cannot be answered unless the person who asked the question can make it clearer. Vague sentences and ambiguous sentences lack detail.

An example of a vague sentence that I recently heard was when I was at the gym working out with my friend. While I was benching on the flat bench and he was spotting me, he said that I was strong. That is a vague sentence because I didn’t know what he meant by saying I was strong. This sentence can be qualified as vague because I didn’t know what he meant when he said I was strong. Did he mean that I was stronger then him? He could have also meant that I was strong for my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment