Saturday, November 6, 2010

Page 19 exercise #4

Make up an appeal to some emotion for the next time a traffic officer stops you.

"I'm sorry bu officer th reason why i was speeding was ecause my parents were unableworka to pick uup my little sister from school so they called me to pick her up. I was speding because i didn't wnt her to wait at school all alone at school."

I know this actually works because I have used it before. This typ of appeal to emotion is the appeal to pity. The officer would not want to keep you there any longer because would not want your litle sister to be left all alone with no one to pick her up. Any officer would let you go without giving you a speeding ticket because you have a legitimate reason to be speeding. Everyone knows how important it is to pick up their child from school, and everyone knows how dangerous it is to be leaving kids alone on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment